Nutrigenomics investigates how certain foods interact with our genes to affect our health. … DNA Health Testing for Nutrigenetics aims to identify genetic susceptibility to diseases and the ways in which very small difference in our genes can alter the effects that nutrient intake has on the body.
Science has proven just because we may have inherited genes for a certain disease doesn’t mean we will get the disease. Epigenetics studies the impact of the environment on gene behavior. Our genetic blueprint is only about 20-30% of the picture! The theory is by altering environment, foods (nutrigenomics), and lifestyle habits, we can potentially turn on healthy genes. By learning our DNA (what genes were were born with), our nutrigenetic blueprint, we can influence those genes through nutrigenomics to turn genes on or off and create a precision pathway for long term health and vitality.
Genomic data is useful for determining
- Lifestyle habits that will affect long term health
- Nutrients or nutritional supplements that tend to be low or compromised
- Foods and food compounds that turn on good genes behaviors
- Diets for specific goals such as weight loss, heart health, optimal digestion, or weight gain
- Exercise type and duration that will enhance performance, body composition, strength and energy
- Exercise and lifestyle habits to prevent injury and support energy
- Functional tests to perform and health markers to follow throughout life
Genomic information is beneficial for guiding the path
- To know your genetic blueprint and take actionable steps
- To help you reduce the risk of developing poor health
- To adapt new lifestyle habits that will enhance quality of life
- To learn what foods will promote weight and fat loss and prevent chronic disease
- To know the best type of exercise to enhance fat loss and prevent injury
- To learn what nutrients your body genetically may need throughout life
- To learn what type of exercise and diet will enhance your health
After 15 years of studying genomics, and nutragenomics (how food affects or genes), I believe it is crucial information to know how our personal genomics can teach us to live differently and to either drive health or disease. Nutrition Genome (the first option)offers a comprehensive report for the cost, along with recommendations that will enrich our work together. If you have not decided to work together yet, get the test anyway and see what you find out. NOTE: If you have 23andme data you can use it to generate a report from Advanced Genomic Solutions.
If you do not have 23andme and want to dig a little deeper the Nutrition Genome DNA Collection Kit and Genetic Report is for you. Click the link and order your test kit. When you receive your kit, follow the instructions to register your kit online. REMEMBER to put in my email email@example.com as the email you want to share your results with. Collect the sample and send it back. Your results and report will come back in about 5 weeks. We can include your genomic data, along with your history, functional tests, and lifestyle to give you a precision blueprint for a long healthy life.
Advance Genomics Solutions
For a simple overview of diet, nutrition and exercise AGS is a good choice. You can use your 23andme data to download your AGS-Health and Wellness report. Use my email firstname.lastname@example.org at checkout where it asks you for your email. This allows me to receive a copy as well in case you want me to help you interpret the full report.
Order your report by following the link below. Choose 23andme Conversion/Provider Consults for $99.