Slimming soup is both delicious and therapeutic. Besides the fact that it is low in calories, it ramps up the metabolism providing fiber for perfect digestion and elimination, anti-inflammatory vegetables and spices, cardio-protective onions, and garlic, and protein to stabilize blood sugar. This is a fantastic soup to have on hand. You can vary it anyway you want by adding different spices, and seasonal vegetables. And if you do not want meat, just make a vegetable broth by sautéing the onions, and garlic and adding the veggies of your choice.
- 1 tbsp Olive
- 1 3/4 lb Grass Fed Ground Beef or Lamb
- 1 large Vidalia Onion chopped
- 2 large Red or Orange Sweet Bell Peppers, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lb Mushroom, sliced
- 2-3 large Summer Squash, cubed
- 2-3 large Zucchini Squash, cubed
- 2 cans or 2 cups Garbanzo Beans, Black Beans or Kidney Beans
- 1 can Organic Tomato Puree
- 1 bottle organic Spicy Vegetable Juice
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 bunches Green Onion, chopped
- 2 each Fresh Limes, squeezed
- 2 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh Oregano
- Ground Cayenne Pepper to taste
Heat oil and add onion, green onion whites, and garlic When they are nice and golden add meat and brown.
Add pepper, squash, zucchini until softer, and add in garbanzo beans
Stir in Tomato puree and tomato juice. If you want to add chopped tomatoes
Add mushrooms, cilantro, parsley, green onion and spices
Add water if you would like it to be soupier. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
Cook until vegetables are crisp.
Cool and freeze or eat until gone!